A simple method to make diy homemade activated charcoal soap using melt & pour process. But before starting this charcoal soap recipe you should consider knowing its amazing benefits & what the activated charcoal is. As these days activated charcoal is being used hugely in natural beauty products and even in cosmetics.
WHAT IS ACTIVATED CHARCOAL ?
Activated charcoal is basically a pure carbon which is made from wood, organic material found in damp areas, debris or from other sources of carbon. It is processed at an extreme high temperature which increases it’s surface area. Increase in surface area increase it’s ability to absorb.
Activated charcoal carries negative charge which attracts toxins & other heavy metals from your body & skin.
Now you know what is activated charcoal, lets jump to the recipe to make your own diy homemade activated charcoal soap
THINGS YOU NEED :
- Activated charcoal powder – 2 tbsp
- Goat milk soap base – 200 grm
- Coconut oil – 1 tbsp
- Vanilla essential oil ( optional ) – 4 drops
- Soap mould or paper cup
- For making this you can microwave or double boiler method to melt the soap base
- We are using double boiler method, for that in a large utensil add some water
- Bring water to boil
- Keep a heat safe bowl on top of the utensil
- Add soap base ( cut them in small pieces roughly )
- Stir & melt the soap base
- In melted soap add coconut oil, vanilla essential oil & give it a nice mix
- Pour the soap mixture in soap mould or paper cup
- Spray rubbing alcohol to avoid bubbles ( optional )
- Let the soap rest for some hours to get completely set
- Now your homemade charcoal soap is ready to use.
BENEFITS OF ACTIVATED CHARCOAL FOR SKIN :
- Activated charcoal helps to pull out toxins, dirt & pollution from the skin pores
- It helps to remove excess oil from your skin
- Act as a natural exfoliator
- Reduces & prevents acne, pimples
- Activated charcoal has anti-fungal & anti-bacterial properties, which helps to keep your skin healthy
- It is a natural, gentle yet powerful ingredient for natural skin care. As it can be used in many other ways to get healthy & beautiful skin
- It comes with anti-aging properties
- Helps to treat rashes & insect bites because of anti-inflammatory properties
- Removes blackheads
- Makes your skin glowing naturally.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF ACTIVATED CHARCOAL :
- As activated charcoal carries negative charge, it pulls out toxins like a magnet
- Activated charcoal helps to detoxify your body. Removes toxins & heavy metals from your body
- It helps to lower bad cholesterol & increases good cholesterol
- It improves your oral health & natural whiten teeth ( I’ll share the recipe below )
- Helps to purify water & makes it clean to drink.
HOW TO MAKE ACTIVATED CHARCOAL TOOTHPASTE FOR TEETH WHITENING :
THINGS YOU NEED :
- Activated charcoal powder – 1 tbsp
- Coconut oil – 1/2 tbsp
- Baking soda – 1/2 tbsp
- Peppermint oil – 2 drops
- Mix all the above ingredients together in a bowl
- Take small portion on your tooth brush
- Brush your teeth with in a proper brushing way for 2-3 minute
- Rinse with plain water.