Grapefruit is a citrus fruit. Its physical appearance is similar to orange. It is grown on clusters similar to grapes that is why its name is called GRAPEFRUIT. Its taste can range from sweet to sour.It can be consumed whole or in form of juice.
1. IMPROVES DIGESTION
Grapefruit contains fibre and water and both water and fibre helps to prevent various digestion problems like constipation, bowel irregularities & makes you feel fuller for the longer time. Water content present in it helps to provide your body hydration
Grapefruit is an excellent source of vitamin c which helps to fight with various infections. which lead to strengthen your immune system. vitamin c also helps to treat respiratory problems. Grapefruit does not contain only vitamin c but it also has antioxidants which makes your immune system strong and helps your body during virus or flu season.
3. HELP IN YOUR WEIGHT LOSS JOURNEY
Grapefruit can be consumed during your weight loss journey as it involves good amount of fibre which helps you to take less calories. also grapefruit itself involves less calories. Adding it in your weight loss diet can be beneficial. As said above fibre present in it helps to make you feel fuller for the longer time which control appetite.
4.HELPS TO PREVENT KIDNEY STONES
Kidney stones occurs when there is a collection of waste material in kidney and when these are crystallized in kidney they become stones. Citric acid contained in grapefruit can prevent kidney stone formation by flushing waste out of the body.
5. NEUTRALIZES FREE RADICALS
Not only grapefruit is helpful but also grapefruit peel is rich in vitamin c, Which makes it a good source of antioxidants which is known for fighting off free radicals. Free radicals can cause damage to our cells, which makes it important to reduce their effect by adding antioxidant rich foods in our diet.
1. If you consume excess amount of citrus fruit it can cause tooth enamel erosion.
2. Grapefruit contain ample amount of vitamin c excess intake of it can cause diarrhea and nausea.
3. Excess intake of it can also cause sore throat.
4. Excess in amount can increase hormone levels in women. Which increase hormone sensitive condition. Women should avoid intake of grapefruit if they are suffering from hormone sensitive condition.
FUN WAYS TO EAT GRAPEFRUIT FOR BOOSTING IMMUNITY
1. Make grapefruit cocktail.
2. make smoothies.
3. use as a topping on cake and pie.