Sweet potato is a member of morning glory or convolvulaceae family and it is cultivated in warm temperature climates. Its inside flesh colour range from white to orange. Is is not closely related to the common potato.
FULL OF NUTRIENTS :
Sweet potatoes are full of nutrients as they contain fiber, vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients which provides benefits to body. Sweet potato also contains potassium, calcium, iron, vitamin B6, carbohydrates, phosphorus, vitamin C, folate and vitamin K which are essential for healthy functioning of the body.
HELPS TO TREAT ND PREVENT CANCER :
Sweet potato is a super food when it comes to treat and prevent cancer as it contains beta carotene which reduces risk of breast cancer, colorectal cancer and slows down the growth of colon cancer, stomach cancer, intestinal cancer and skin cancer cells.
BOOST IMMUNITY :
Sweet potatoes are the excellent source for boosting immunity. It helps to protect your body from many diseases. They are also rich in antioxidants, vitamin C, phosphorus which helps to strengthen your immune system.
PROVIDES ENERGY :
Sweet potatoes helps to provide you instant energy, you can grab them as energy bars during your hard workouts because sweet potatoes are good source of manganese that helps in breakdown of nutrients to produce energy in your body.
HIGH IN FIBER :
Sweet potatoes are loaded with fiber, one medium sized sweet potato with skin on contains around 4 grams of dietary fiber. Fiber helps to improve your digestive health and helps in weight management.
SKIN CARE :
Sweet potatoes contains anthocyanins which helps to fight with free radicals which causes wrinkles, fine lines. If you add sweet potatoes in your daily diet it will make your skin healthy, moisturized and glowing. It also contain vitamin C which is vital in collagen production.
Sweet potatoes helps to detoxify your body by removing toxins and heavy metals like lead out of your body.
Beta carotene is a red- orange pigment which is found in fruits and plants. It is converted into vitamin A, it is essential for healthy skin and healthy vision, immunity and sweet potatoes are rich in beta carotene.
SIDE OF EFFECT OF EXCESS INTAKE OF SWEET POTATOES :
- Excess intake of it may upset your stomach
- if a person is suffering from asthama he should avoid consumption of sweet potato as it may lead to difficulty in breathing
- sweet potato is rich in beta carotene which converts into vitamin A, excess of vitamin A can lead to toxicity.
ROASTED SWEET POTATO WITHOUT CHARCOAL RECIPE
- Wash fresh sweet potatoes properly
- place them on a flat pan on low- medium flame
- cover them with a big utensil
- after 4-5 minutes flip them to the other side
- cook the other side for 4-5 minutes
- switch off the flame and let them rest for 1 minute in steam
- take them out, peel the cover and serve hot.