Learn how to make healthy potato pancakes recipe at home. This easy recipe is perfect as a mid day snack or can be consumed at any time.
Potato is very beneficial for our body if we eat it in a moderate amount. Potato contain lots essential nutrients, vitamins & minerals such as phosphorus, potassium, copper, calcium, iron, protein, vitamin A, C, B1, B2, E, K etc.
It is also rich in dietary fiber which helps to make you feel fuller for the longer time . Instead of eating deep fried potato fries you can make potato pancakes which is very easy to make and it can be made using very less amount of oil.
- 2 big sized potato ( peeled )
- 1 medium sized onion
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 1/2 red chili powder or black pepper powder
- 2 tbsp oil
- Add some water in a bowl and place a grater to grate peeled potato, water kept in bowl will not let the potato get dark in color
- Wash the grated potato properly to remove extra starch from it
- Remove excess water from the potato
- Add one finely chopped onion in potato
- Put salt and pepper powder in it
- Add corn flour in the mixture and mix everything properly
- Now take a flat pan and brush some oil on it
- Take 2 tbsp of the mixture and press it evenly to form a pancake
- Let it cook from one side for about 2-3 minutes
- Flip the other side and again cook it for 2-3 minutes
- Serve these hot potato pancakes with any sauce or dip of your choice.
EXTRA TIP :
- Add other grated vegetables in it such as carrot, cabbage, capsicum etc to make it more healthy
- You can also bake it by making small 3-4 pancakes together in the baking tray
- While making these pancakes the leftover mixture will release some water you can drain that excess water in between and adjust the spices accordingly.