Oats are one of the most healthy food for maintaining heart health and managing weight. So, learn a simple, delicious & healthy vegetable oats recipe. This healthy vegetable oats recipe is rich in fiber & other essential nutrients.
Some times eating plain oats seems a little boring so they can be made more healthy and more delicious by adding healthy vegetables of your choice along with the spices. This not only make the oats delicious but helps to improve metabolism if you are eating oats during your weight loss journey.
- Plain oats – 1 cup
- Chopped carrots – 2 tbsp
- Capsicum chopped – 2 tbsp
- Onion chopped – 2 tbsp
- Chopped tomato – 1 tbsp
- green peas – 3 tbsp
- Salt – as per taste
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tbsp
- Black pepper – 1/2 tsp
HOW TO MAKE :
- In a pan add 1 tbsp oil
- Add chopped onion & fry it for about 1 minute
- Then add all the other vegetables & fry them for 2-3 minutes
- Add 2 cups of water
- Let the vegetables cook in water for about 6-7 minutes
- Now add salt, pepper and turmeric powder and stir well
- Cook the vegetables for 2 more minutes
- Now add oats and stir well and cook the oats for about 3-4 minutes on low flame
- Turn off the flame, garnish it with some coriander leaves and serve hot.