A simple yet effective list of 5 home remedies for cough & cold. These home remedies for cough & cold are all natural, uses natural ingredients that are easily available in your kitchen.
Cough & cold are the most common problems that occur due to change in a season & during this virus season it has became a big health issue. Home remedies can be used to treat cough & cold naturally & easily.
Excess intake of anti-biotic medicines can damage liver & make it week. It is always best to use home remedies to treat common cold & cough, also these remedies helps to boost your immune system naturally. So, read down below to learn more.
GARLIC & HONEY :
Garlic has amazing anti-viral, anti-bacterial & antibiotic properties which helps to treat cough & cold fast & it also helps to boost your immune system. Garlic’s anti-bacterial properties kills the bacteria which causes throat infection & soreness.
Honey is also amazing for treating cough as it helps to soothe your sore throat by making a layer in your throat & treats dry cough.
- Take 4-5 cloves of garlic & peel them
- Roast them dry in a pan till they get black
- Let them cool a bit
- Now mash the roasted garlic properly
- Add 1 tsp honey in it & mix properly
- Consume this mixture twice a day.
HOLY BASIL TEA :
Holy basil is also known as ” QUEEN OF HERBS ” because of its powerful healing properties. It is packed with antioxidants, anti-viral & anti-bacterial properties which helps to boost immune system & treats cough & cold faster.
- Take 4-5 fresh holy basil leaves & wash them properly
- In a sauce pan add 200 ml water & let it heat on low flame for a minute
- Add holy basil leaves in water & let it boil till it remains half in quantity i.e. 100 ml
- Its colour will change to green
- Turn off the flame & mix a little sugar if you like
- Let it cool a bit & consume it twice a day.
GINGER & HONEY SYRUP :
Ginger has amazing anti-bacterial & anti-viral properties which helps to treat cough & cold, also it contains SHAGAOL, which is a compound that helps to fight with flu & cold. When both ginger & honey is combined they make a great syrup to treat cough faster.
- Take fresh ginger, peel & wash it
- Grate the ginger using a grater
- Now squeeze the grated ginger in a strainer to strain out its juice
- Take 1 tsp ginger juice & add 1 tsp honey in it
- Mix it properly
- Consume this syrup thrice a day.
CAROM SEEDS :
Carom seeds are high in antioxidants & anti-bacterial properties. Usually carom seeds are used for stomachache & other digestion related problems. It also can be used to treat cough & cold. Its aroma is great for treating cold or runny nose.
- Take 1 tbsp carom seeds
- Dry roast them in a pan for about 1-2 min
- Now take a small cotton cloth & put the carom seeds in it
- Wrap it with the cloth
- Now smell this wrapped carom seeds if your suffering from cold or runny nose
- Its aroma will help to treat your cold faster.
MIXED SPICE TEA :
Mixed spice tea includes different types of spices & herbs which all are filled with anti-viral, anti-bacterial & antibiotic properties. This tea will help to boost your immune system & treats cough & cold faster in a natural way.
- Cloves = 2
- Peeled garlic = 1 clove
- Black pepper corns = 2
- Carom seeds = 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder = 1/2 tsp
- Ginger = a small piece
- Holy basil leaves = 2
- Cinnamon = a small stick
- Honey = 1 tsp
- Rock salt = 1/2 tsp
- Take a sauce pan add 200 ml water & let it heat on low flame for a minute
- Add all the above ingredients in water except honey
- Let the tea boil on low flame till its quantity remains half or 100 ml
- Turn off the flame & let it cool a bit
- Add honey & mix properly
- Consume this tea twice a day.
All the above methods are natural ways to treat cough & cold faster & the ingredients are easily available in our homes. You can use any of the above method.