Granola bars are made from healthy nuts, dry fruits and seeds which are very beneficial for our body and provides lots of essential vitamins and minerals to the body. Granola bars can be a good substitute of unhealthy fried snack or bars that contains lot of sugar. These bars can be easily made in less time at home. Ingredients used in this recipe helps to keep you warm from inside in winter season.
- Soft dates – 2 cups
- Rolled oats – 2 cups
- Pumpkin seeds – 1/2 cup
- Melon seeds – 1/2 cup
- Flax seeds – 1/2 cup
- Cashews – 1/2 cup
- Almonds – 1/2 cup
- Walnuts – 1/2 cup
- Dried cranberries – 2 tbsp
- Dried blueberries – 2 tbsp
HOW TO MAKE :
- Remove the seeds from the dates and grind them to make a paste
- Now take a flat pan and dry roast rolled oats for about 2-3 minutes
- Now remove the oats from the pan and dry roast pumpkin seeds, flax seeds and melon seeds for 2 – 3 minutes and take them out from the pan
- Now dry roast walnuts, cashews and almonds for 2 minutes and take them out of the pan
- Now take a large bowl add dates paste in it and pour all the roasted ingredients
- Mix everything properly and add dried blueberries and cranberries in the mixture
- If you are having a problem in binding the mixture you can add a little amount of melted peanut butter or honey in the mixture.
- Now take a flat utensil or baking tray apply some butter or keep a butter paper in it
- Now pour the mixture and flatten it with the help of a spatula or back of the spoon.
- Now keep this in the refrigerator for 2 hours to let it set
- After 2 hours take out the tray and cut the mixture in medium sized bars
- Granola bars are now ready to consume and you can keep them in an airtight jar for 14 – 15 days.