Honey & oats are two ingredients which can do wonders for your skin when combined together. As they both are very beneficial for skin. Make honey & oatmeal soap at home easily. Before starting the recipe to make homemade honey oatmeal soap, lets discuss their amazing benefits.
Honey is being used from centuries to treat various health issues & used in many herbal medicines. Along with that it helps to improve hair & skin texture because of amazing properties present in it.
BENEFITS OF HONEY FOR SKIN :
- Helps in treating acne
- Helps to reduce acne scars
- Provides moisture to skin
- Makes skin firm
- Give your skin a natural glow
- Removes blackheads
Oatmeal has anti-inflammatory properties, rich in antioxidants. It helps to fight with free radicals that causes damage to your skin in many ways.
BENEFITS OF OATMEAL FOR SKIN :
- It act as a natural exfoliator & removes dead skin cells
- It helps to treat cracked heels by removing dead skin
- Reduces acne
- Makes your skin glowing naturally
- Softens dry & rough skin
- Reduces wrinkles & fine lines.
HOW TO MAKE HONEY OATMEAL SOAP :
THINGS YOU NEED :
- Goat milk soap base – 200 gram
- Oatmeal – 4 tbsp
- Honey – 3 tbsp
- vanilla essential oil ( optional ) – 4 drops
- A soap mold
- In a large bowl melt goat milk soap base by using double boiler method ( keep a big bowl on medium heat, add water, let it boil & then keep a small bowl over that, add soap cubes & stir them to melt )
- You can also microwave it for 30 seconds
- Add oatmeal & honey in the melted soap & mix it properly
- Now add vanilla essential oil in it & mix ( vanilla provides natural glow by moisturising skin & adds soothing fragrance ).
- Do the above process quickly as the melted soap sets fast
- Apply some coconut oil or any other oil in the soap mould & pour the mixture
- Tap the mould twice to get rid off the bubbles
- Let the soap set for an hour
- Remove soap from the mould & now your own diy honey oatmeal soap is ready to use.