Beetroot helps to give your skin youthful glow, learn simple method to make beetroot soap at home using melt & pour method. This recipe uses beetroot powder.
Beetroot is amazing for improving skin health as it is loaded with vitamin C and other essential nutrients which helps to reduce pre-mature ageing, reduce skin pigmentation and acne. Beetroot also act as a natural blood purifier which helps in making skin glow naturally and helps in collagen production.
THINGS YOU NEED :
- Goat milk soap base – 200 grm
- Beetroot powder – 3 tbsp
- Soap mould
- Rose essential oil ( optional ) – 5 drops
- Coconut oil – 1 tbsp
- Aloe vera gel – 1 tbsp
- Firstly we have to melt the soap base using double boiler method ( or you can microwave it for 30-35 seconds ) for that, take a big utensil and add water in it and keep the flame high
- Let the water boil for about 2-3 minutes
- Now keep a bowl on the utensil
- Cut the soap base in small pieces and add it in the bowl
- Now melt the soap base on medium flame till it becomes liquid
- After that turn off the flame and add beetroot powder & mix
- Now add other ingredients in the soap mixture
- Now pour this soap mixture in the mould and let it set for about 2 hours
- Now your own diy beetroot soap is ready for the use.
HOW LONG THE SOAP WILL REMAIN GOOD ?
Since we are using dry beetroot powder, soap will easily remain good for 3-4 months. But if you are using fresh aloe vera gel in it then it can be good for about 7-8 days. Try to use a good quality packed aloe vera gel.
WHAT IF YOU DON’T HAVE BEETROOT POWDER ?
Then make your own at home using this simple recipe.
INGREDIENT – Beetroot medium sized = 4
- Peel & wash beetroot properly
- Cut thin slices of beetroot
- Dry them on paper towel to get rid of excess water
- Now keep these slices for sun drying, it will take about 2 days
- If you have dehydrator then you can simply use that or even you can use oven to dry them.
- After drying slices, add them into grinder & grind them well
- Using a strainer, strain the powder to get a nice fine powder
- Your homemade beetroot powder is ready.
- You can use this powder in many other recipes or in natural skincare products.