Many multigrain cereals are available in market but they are full of preservatives & chemicals, that can be harmful for your baby’s health. So, why not make your own homemade multigrain cereal for 6-12 month baby.
This easy recipe will not take much of your time to cook. You can make it once & store it in an airtight jar. This recipe is healthy, very much affordable, taste delicious & can be stored up to 1 month.
You can customise this multigrain cereal recipe any time by choosing grains that suits best for your baby. Here I am using rice, almonds, yellow lentils & split black grams ( without skin ).
- Rice – 1 cup
- Yellow lentils – 3 tbsp
- Split black grams ( without skin ) – 2 tbsp
- Almonds – 8
- Wash all the grains & almonds properly
- Spread them on a clean cloth & let them dry completely ( It usually take half day )
- After drying completely, Keep a pan on low flame
- Dry roast all the ingredients for about 6-7 minute on low flame
- Make sure there is no moisture left.
- Now take out the ingredients in a dish plate & let it cool
- Grind all the ingredients to make a slightly coarse powder.
- Now store this powder in a clean airtight jar & keep it in refrigerator
- Your own homemade multigrain cereal is ready.
HOW TO COOK MULTIGRAIN CEREAL
INGREDIENTS : ( serves – 1 )
- Multigrain cereal powder – 2 tbsp
- Potato finely chopped – 1/2
- Carrot finely chopped – 1/2
- Green peas – 7-8
- Salt – a pinch
- Turmeric ( optional ) – a pinch
- Clarified butter – 1 tsp
- Water – 1.5 cup
- In a small sized pressure cooker or flat pan add clarified butter
- Heat it on low flame
- Add all the chopped vegetables & stir fry for 1 minute
- Add salt & stir
- Add water & let it boil for 30 seconds
- Add multigrain cereal powder & stir
- Close the lead of the pressure cooker & let it cook for up to 2- 3 whistles on low flame, then turn off the flame
- Let it release pressure itself
- Take out & it is ready to consume
- Cook it in a pan until vegetables are cooked completely
- Turn off the flame & it is ready to consume.
- This multigrain cereal for 6-12 month baby is perfect meal for your baby because you can add lots healthy vegetables in it
- Grains & vegetables are both rich in proteins & fiber which helps to improve your baby’s digestion
- Also fiber helps to reduce constipation & keeps your baby’s tummy filled for long time
- Clarified butter used in this recipe has many health benefits. It helps in baby’s brain development, reduces dry skin, encourages healthy weight etc
- Turmeric helps to keep your baby’s bones stronger & improves immunity.