A simple, healthy & easy recipe to make vegetable soup at home.
Vegetable soup can be made with the vegetables of your choice, or vegetable available in the season. This soup is best if you are on your weight loss journey. As it is filled with lots of vegetables which contains fiber and has low calorie count.
This vegetable soup is also a good source of protein, vitamins and other essential nutrients and can be served during cold winter nights. It is not only healthy but it taste super delicious.
PREP TIME : 10 MIN
COOKING TIME : 12 MIN
SERVES : 4
- Onion chopped – 1/2 cup
- Garlic chopped – 1/2 tbsp
- Carrot chopped – 1/2 cup
- Capsicum chopped – 1/2 cup
- Beans chopped – 1/2 cup
- Zucchini chopped – 1/2 cup
- Mushroom chopped ( optional ) – 5-6
- Cabbage chopped – 2 tbsp
- Sweet corn – 2 tbsp
- Tomato puree – 1 cup
SPICES & SEASONINGS :
- Salt – as per taste
- Black pepper – 1/2 tsp
- Lemon juice – 1/2 tsp
- Cilantro – 8-10 leaves
- Fresh red chilli – 2-3 ( optional )
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Corn starch – 1 tbsp
HOW TO MAKE SOUP :
- Take a large utensil, add oil and let it heat on low flame
- Add garlic and stir it for 30 sec
- Add chopped onion and cook for about 2 min
- Now add all the chopped vegetables in it, stir
- Fry the vegetables on medium flame for 3-4 min
- Now add tomato puree and again stir
- Cook vegetables with puree for 2 min
- Now add 4 cups of water & stir
- Add salt, pepper in it
- Now cook the soup on medium flame for 8-10 min or until the vegetables become soft
- Now take a bowl add 2 tbsp of water and mix corn starch in it
- Add the corn starch mix in the soup gradually and stir it, this will make your soup thick in consistency
- Now turn off the flame add lemon juice, cilantro & red chilies in it & serve hot.
You can consume this soup if you are suffering from cold but do not add much spices.